Thursday, February 9, 2012

Faith

I'm a Christian.

I grew up in a family that went through spurts of going to church every Sunday and then going to church on holidays (I really dislike the last part).
My dad once said to me, "God spends his whole days caring for you and watching out over you, do you not have 1 hour each Sunday to give to him?"  Sad, but true.  I want and wanted God to be apart of my life for a very long time.

Out of all times in my life, I had the most fulfilling and wonderful relationship with God when I was a freshman and sophomore in high school.  I was apart of something called Young Life, which really helped me to understand and form a relationship with God.  I was convicted and stronger than ever in my faith.  And it felt amazing!

Unfortunately, I have let that relationship come and go and not made much time or effort for it.  BK and I struggled for a lot of years on what church to settle on.  We struggled with how we want to share our faith together and now as a family.  BUT we do agree we want that faith to be shared as a family and as a couple.  We want our child and one day children to know that church is just something we do on Sundays.  No complaining, no begging not to go and sleep in instead, we just go and we do it together.  And when we leave, we talk about church and our faith, we encourage each other, we pray together...church and faith are just apart of who we are.

However, you can imagine my struggle with the above, with the fact that I am currently in a rut with my relationship with God.  Sure, I am apart of a bible study.  Yes, we attend church.  Of course, I say my prayers and give thanks or try to give thanks almost everyday, but I am struggling and I don't know why? 

I'm hopefully this will change...and even more hopeful this is a normal.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post and something that I struggle with so often. I am thinking about doing a study (like Beth Moore). Maybe we could do one together over phone and email?!

    ReplyDelete