Monday, November 12, 2012

Mom Guilt

In my last post, I wrote...."You(Campbell) are seriously the BEST sleeper (let me knock on wood)"

Ummmm, yea.  NEVER.AGAIN.WILL.I.WRITE.SUCH.A.THING!

For the past week, my daily alarm, Campbell, has been getting up at 5AM on the dot.  And I'm not talking about the wake up to hear her talking in her crib, singing songs, or peacefully relaxing.  Oh no, I'm talking about the blood curdling screaming crying wake up.  We have let her cry, we have gone in and held her for a few and put her back down, we have sinfully held her and rocked her back to sleep, we have got up and come downstairs at 5 to begin our day.  We have taken her to the dr. thinking something, MUST be wrong for our once fantastic sleeper to be waking up 2 hours earlier. Nope.  Nothing.  It's a phase and it too shall pass (quickly please)

And today, I feel bad.  I feel guilty.  My tone was short and curt.  My patience was nonexistent.  No matter how many deep breaths or moments of trying to find peace and relax helped. 

I am thankful for my healthy, peacefully resting little girl.  I am grateful for a husband who comes home at night and helps, A TON, when I need to "tap out."  I am graciously blessed with the words, "Tomorrow is a NEW day" (and hopefully one that won't begin at 5AM)

1 comment:

  1. I hear you! Logan was sleeping so great until about a month ago. Now she is up every morning at 6am (which I thought was bad enough) and her naps have been shortened by about 45 minutes too. Argh!!

    ReplyDelete