Thursday, September 4, 2014

Campbell goes to Preschool

Campbell officially started preschool!  She is enrolled in a MWF 3's class at local church near our house.  What a bittersweet day for this Momma.  So happy and excited for her to have something she does independently without myself or BK.  Some alone time with peers, to make her own friends, find her own interests in a classroom, be engaged for a whole 3 hours, learn, play, create, etc.  Her teachers are wonderful.  Loving and genuine.  They greeted her at the door, kneeling down telling her how happy they were to have her, gave her a hug and said she looked so pretty.  What more could you ask for?  She walked into that classroom with a smile, turned around said, "bye Momma, bye Daddy.  Love you" and threw up the I LOVE YOU sign to us and went on her way.  I on the other hand walked out with sunglasses drawn and tears streaming down my face.  Could my little first born baby really be at school?  Is she really that old to be truly enrolled in preschool?  I know she is ready and that's what makes me more confident to send her.  I've come to understand that it's not that I want to keep her from a natural progression of life's journey, rather, its the first step in a long line of "letting go."  I'm reminded of this wonderful poem....


When I came to pick her up, after just 2 short but long hours, I was met with a smile a hug and these exact words...."I love preschool!!! Can I come back soon??  I met a friend named Kayla."  My heart at that moment could have exploded and once again I found myself with teary eyes, however, a different kind of tear than those of 2 hours previous.  It was tears knowing that we made the right choice for her.  Tears knowing she is so happy.

Here is to a wonderful school year.
We love you Campbell and are so proud of the little lady you are becoming.





No comments:

Post a Comment