Monday, April 27, 2015

Heaven

Every night B.K. or I put Campbell to bed, we always say prayers.  Prayers from the heart that is.  Not a recited prayer, just a "letter type" prayer.  It always begins with....Dear God,.......
I love this.  When I was a little girl my Dad once told me that God wants to hear what is in MY heart therefore when I say prayers talk to God as if he is reading a letter from you.  With that being said, hearing Campbell say prayers every night is really special and important to me.  Anyways, the other night as I was laying in her bed beside her, looking at her sweet angel face, she began to tell me what Heaven is like.  She envisions a small town with things that are familiar in her life.  She talked about school in heaven, her friends, swimming pools, places she likes to eat, etc. It was one of the sweetest moments.  To hear what her Heaven entails is something that warms my heart.  A place that is special in the clouds.  A place that is fun, and loving, and enjoyable.  She then asked me what I think Heaven is like.  Oddly enough, I described much of what she had.  I told her I envisioned Heaven to be much like a working little town.  Filled with all the things that are near and dear to my heart.  It was so special to me.  A moment I never want to forgot.

I am so grateful for her, for God giving her to us, for God choosing me to be her Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment