Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Time management

This post is coming from a follow-up to a recent conversation and blog post by a dear friend of mine. read here 
By nature I am a very organized, on-time (for the most part and pre-baby of course!), and somewhat OCD individual.  Luckily, or not-so-lucky, for our daughter I married a man who is exactly like me in that regard.  You could say our household is full of structure and routine and we LOVE it that way.  However, having a baby changes you in more ways than one.  Where we use to eat dinner most nights around 7-7:30 we now are struggling to eat even a bowl of cereal by 9pm!  Campbell has a bedtime routine that takes about an hour - bath, lotion/baby massage, jammies, bottle, rocking.  After one of us puts her to bed its a mad dash to pick up from the day and have something for dinner.  I am feeling like if we don't use the crockpot dinner is a complete crapshoot OR we aren't eating until 9pm. 

Are we just horrible at time management?  How can we be better organized for the dinner time rush?
Must.come.up.with.solution.soon.

Side note:  I would eat dog food everynight for the rest of my life for this little lady...



Her cuteness consumes me....

1 comment:

  1. She really is the cutest! As for dinner, we are in the same boat. I try and get things started during the day while she naps so that I just have to finish / heat it up after she goes to bed, but for the most part, we are not done eating until 8:30 or 9 most nights, sigh.

    ReplyDelete