Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Family and Friends

We don't live by family and I we miss that.  We don't live by some of our very close friends and I we miss that too. 
Everytime we want to see our families and our close friends it has to be something scheduled and put on the calendar weeks in advance.  It normally requires days off of work, outrageously expensive plane tickets, car rides that last wayyy too long, boarding of our "child," and sadly, never enough time with the people we are traveling to see.  Although, we don't have the luxury of having dinner together every Sunday or even making impromtu get-togethers, we are lucky enough to still have awesome friends and family who travel to us and go out of their way to make sure we still feel "close." 

Steph and Friends:
I moved from Denver, CO when I was 11.  It was horrible and I was so sad because I was moving away from my grandparents and my very best friends.  Steph was one of the best friends I moved from, but lucky for me she is superior at keeping in touch.  Her and I wrote letters to one another every month, we would call every few months and saw each other every few years.  It is an amazing friendship and one that truly stands the test of time (and distance).  Some of the other best friends mentioned above - we have not been the best at keeping in touch, but thats OK because when I see them we never miss a beat and it's awesome.  One of the girls, Tiff (click link for her blog, it is PHENOMENAL and one of the major contributors as to why I started mine) just had a precious little girl.  It is amazing to think back on the time when Tiff and I "snuck" shaving our legs in her bedroom with a dixie cup of a water and a razor all because we were only in 5th grade and our moms wouldn't let us shave yet to seeing that person have a baby! 

There are so many other great/wonderful/ and best friends who we both have and although we miss not living right by them I think our frienships with these people mean more as we get older.  Here is a cheers to our fantastic family and friends around the country.



The cutest dog ever.
Steph and I
Friends since 4th grade
Our Family
Our Family


Have a wonderful rest of the week

No comments:

Post a Comment