Friday, August 27, 2010

Ho-Hum

Things we have been up to:

1.  Our friends Kevin and Sherrie got married on August 20th and we are excited and happy for them as they begin their life together.  My darling husband was the best man and gave one outstanding speech! 

2.  I have been studying (studying also means: taking frequent breaks that include checking my email, getting on facebook, reading blogs, bugging BK while he works, turning on the TV and eating food because I'm bored) for the Praxis so that I will be a certified teacher sooner than later.

3.  BK recently had a little surgical procedure this past Wednesday, but no worries all is good with the world he is healthy and doing fantastic. However, as a side note when we had the consultation with the Dr. before the procedure took place, he informed both BK and I the anesthesiologist would be giving BK, PROPOFOL. Ummm, yea...can we make sure Conrad Murray isn't the one who will be injecting my husband with the compound that led MJ to his final resting place?!?!  When the Dr. said that BK would be receiving Propofol I immediately looked at BK (like a mother to her offspring) to see if he correlated this drug with any negative meanings, like myself.  Thankfully, BK didn't make the connection so I acted like nothing was wrong. 

4.  Working out, cleaning, grocery shopping and doing everything else domestic goddess of me

5.  Wishing summer wasn't coming to a close, but looking VERRRYYY forward to Fall & Football - WooHoo!


Last but certainly not least, I recently had an "incident" with another driver.  Some background knowledge is needed for this story.  So the area that the husband and I live in has extremely narrow streets.  And on top of being narrow, the drivers are not the most, how should I say it, friendly

It was a beautiful, sunny, warm morning and I was returning from my indoor spinning class and in a great mood (I may or may not have been signing incredibly loud to "California Gurls" by Katy Perry and Snoop Dogg).  So, I make the left hand turn onto the street we live off of and I notice a hearse and a line of cars slowly approaching on the other side of the yellow line on the narrow road.  I also notice a huge black truck and a line of cars behind me.  Now, I was raised in a family that taught respect, manners, courtesy, and compassion.  So, I thought the right thing to do was to "pull to the side of the road" while the hearse and the line of cars with headlights on passed.  Let me make this disclaimer.....as I have said, these roads are extremely narrow, so unfortunately "pull to the side of the road" really just ended up me stopping at a stop sign for a really long time.  So as I am sitting at the stop sign waiting for this line of cars to pass I am rudely jolted by the horn being laid on behind me by the "Jersey Shore" Mike "the situation" driver of the black truck!  I don't think so homeboy!  You may not have respect for those that have passed on but I do and YOU WILL NOT HONK AT ME.  I sit in my car for a moment fuming that someone could be so rude.  I decide that I will now put my car in park go back and tap on this young man's window and tell him the GYM, TAN, LAUNDRY routine can wait a sec and he doesn't need to be so rude, so disrespectful and how dare he honk at me!  However, just as I am about to throw my car into PARK, I hear more horns coming from the line of cars behind the black truck and one man giving me a "nice hello" out his window.  With that, I was fearful for my life so instead of making the point I wanted to make to this guy and his fellow rude drivers behind him, I took the more mature route and got all passive-aggressive and threw my arms up in my rear-view mirror and sped off towards home sweet home.  I think the arms in the rear-view really made him shake in his boots, if I do say so myself.  Next time I will not be so friendly - watch out!

Until next time .....

ps - Oprah give it up, we get it, you're going off the air we don't need a countdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment