Monday, January 10, 2011

24 Weeks and Other Baby M happenings


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 24 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby M is the size of an ear of corn
Total Weight Gain: 13 lbs
Maternity Clothes: I wear all maternity pants - love the jeans and leggings! Everything else is my normal stuff
Gender: We shall find out when this little bundle of joy arrives
Movement: ALL the time especially after eating
Sleep: Not that great due to backaches and the amount of effort it takes to roll from one side to another
What I miss: Raw sushi, a fabulous nights sleep, occasional adult beverage, and a really great (read: hard) spin class - as I now must take the bike in the back row, leave early and can't turn my resistance all the way up due to the 1.4lb child I have sitting on my pubic bone 
Cravings: no real cravings, rather just hungry ALL the time
Symptoms: backaches
Best Moment this week: BK and I watcing my belly move through my shirts, and hearing Baby M's 150 beats per minute heart rate at our 24 week appointment

And here are previous weeks bump pictures - keep in mind, no matter how many times I try to do a practice smile, put on make-up, and make my hair look "like I didn't do it, but it's still cute" - the bump pictures of me are just HORRID.  In fact, yesterday I told my loving and dearing husband that I'm going to start chopping off my head in these pics, because it is doing no justice.  He said, "Stop it" ...........until I made him take the 4th picture.


23 weeks - after the gym picture


22 weeks - Holy cow

21 weeks - I think this hairstyle went out in the 90's and is now replaced with the infamous poof

20 weeks

19 weeks - Holiday Bump Picture


18 weeks
 In other fun news, 2 weeks ago we bought Baby M his/her crib and mattress.  I had been searching high and low for a white or off-white traditional wood crib.  Let me tell you, it was extremely hard to find!  Luckily, we found a baby boutique near our house that had the crib of my dreams on display. 


Lovely, (minus the bedding) if I do say so myself.

Next, crib bedding.  Let me tell you how difficult it is to find GENDER NEUTRAL crib bedding that doesn't have a theme (i.e. - Abc's, monkeys, owls, etc).  All I was looking for was something with the color scheme of chocolate brown, lime green, and white that had stripes, maybe some dots, and solids - no themes please!  The task of finding this proposed crib bedding was beyond difficult.  So after scouring the internet, I finally found a woman who will custom make the crib bedding to our liking..YAY.  Below are the fabrics that will be used for the crib bumper, crib skirt, and hanging toy bag or diaper stacker.

 





As for where we will be living, that remains a mystery, ha.  However, we plan to figure that out in the very, very near future!




1 comment:

  1. Jenn, you crack me up. And are you totally annoyed that I comment every time? I miss the movement in my belly...it's the absolute best. I am guessing boy for the record by the way :) You look great.

    ReplyDelete