Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Big "M"

MOVING that is.
We are moving back to into our home in Raleigh, NC.  2 years ago BK and I moved from that home in Raleigh to Philadelphia, PA for his job. 
It was hard. 
It was hard to leave our newly purchased home (side note:  5 days after we bought our first house, his company gave him a wonderful opportunity for career advance.....however, that career advancement was also known as "Move to Philadelphia"). 
It was hard to leave family. 
It was hard to leave friends. 
It was hard to leave a place that you know and love to take on a new city that you didn't know, didn't know if you would like (much less love), didn't have any family around, and barely any friends.
But......


We did it! 
We did it together, more importantly.  Moving to Philadelphia was the best thing that ever happened to BK, myself, and ultimately our marriage. 


I We struggled in the beginning, the first couple of days after we moved BK's grandfather passed away and my parents hit me with the "we are getting divorced" talk.  We even struggled some throughout our 2 years here.  It's Easter Sunday and there is no extended family to have brunch with, we want to have a long weekend away in NYC there is no family to leave our beloved dog child with.  We hear about fun evenings out from our far away friends and wish we were there to participate. But that's OK.  It might have not been OK at the time of those events, but it is OK.  It's OK because those trival situations made us grow closer, made us branch out of our comfort zone, made us realize how independent we are as individuals and as a couple. 


Looking back over the past 2 years we have spent here, we have been able to find a love, respect, and partnership I think few couples find or ever achieve.  The road to finding this, though at times, was difficult and filled with tears, arguments, and horrible communication, was the BEST thing that ever happened and I would do it all again if I knew the result would lead me to the place my marriage is at with my husband today and hopefully forever. Most importantly, I know BK and I could live anywhere in the world and be just fine, in fact, we would be more than just fine...we would be perfect. 
 


So am I happy about this move back to a place I so longed to be at when we first moved, OF COURSE, but the decision did come with some tears as leaving Philadelphia is more than just leaving a city.  It's leaving a place where our marriage began and blossomed into something indescribable, it's leaving a place where I grew to find myself, make career changes, and ultimately find who I am as a wife, daughter, sister, friend, etc.

 
Cheers to the next phase of our life together.....parenthood is looming, yikes and yippie!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, so happy for you! This will be great. I myself can not wait to "meet" this baby M!!

    ReplyDelete